Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a referral program?
- We love referrals! Refer a friend, coworker, neighbor, or family member to us and receive a free month of monitoring! Be sure that your referral provides your name and address in the notes at checkout so we can credit the proper account.
- Can I take my system with me when I move?
- Absolutely! Hour Alarm systems are meant to move and grow with you. Moving? Just update your address on file, take your equipment down from your current home, box it up, and hang all of the devices at your new home. Moving to a space with different needs? Check out our Add-Ons page to add new sensors to your system.
- Is Hour Alarm available in stores?
- Hour Alarm is only available online.
- How do I know what the best system is for my home?
- Our pre-made kits are the best base packages on the market. Both kits offer four points of coverage (three doors/windows and one motion), and can be built upon to be the perfect fit for your space. When choosing and building out a kit, consider the following thoughts:
- How many exterior doors do I have? Each exterior door should have a door/window sensor to protect that entry!
- Am I concerned about coverage in a room with a lot of windows? While it may seem to make sense to order an abundance of window sensors, a motion or glassbreak sensor may be able to provide the same coverage for less money!
- Most importantly: How critical are life safety devices (carbon monoxide sensors, smoke detectors) to my home? Yes, these are very important! Whether you travel a lot for work, have kids or pets at home, or even if you’re home all the time, life safety devices save lives. Two items for thought on this:
- 20,000 to 30,000 people in the U.S. are sickened by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning a year. Carbon monoxide is completely colorless, odorless, and tasteless, and can only be detected by a carbon monoxide detector!
- US fire departments respond to an average of 354,400 home fires per year caused by anything ranging from a cooking incident to a undetected fire in your walls.
- What if I want more than three doors and windows covered?
- No problem! Check out our add-ons page; you can add up to 96 devices to your alarm system.
- Can your app integrate with our smart home devices?
- Our app, powered by Alula, can integrate with any Z-Wave devices.
- What is the return policy?
- If you are unsatisfied with your Hour Alarm purchase, you can return your equipment within sixty (60) days of purchase for a full refund. Request a pre-paid return label from email@example.com. Once the equipment has been received, a refund will be issued. Equipment must be returned without any damage or defect for full refund.
- How frequently will I be billed?
- Your Hour Alarm system will be billed monthly.
- Can I update my credit card on file?
- Yes! Log in to your customer profile, you will be able to update payment methods there.
- How do I activate the monitoring on my system?
- Once you receive your system, please visit our Help Center page and see the Activate My System section. It will take only a few quick questions to get it active in our system.
- Why do you need a contact list?
- This contact list is strictly for monitoring purposes. These phone numbers will be used to contact you in the event of an emergency.
- How can I change my call list?
- Please use the Call List form in the Help Center to update your monitoring information.
- How do I contact the monitoring center?
- You can contact our monitoring center in the event of a false alarm, to update your account password or call list by calling our main line at 866-692-5216 and selecting option 1.
- What are Hour Alarm’s monitoring qualifications?
- Hour Alarm’s monitoring facilities are staffed 24/7/365. Our monitoring center is a five-diamond, U.L. listed monitoring center. This means that all of our emergency dispatch employees have undergone rigorous training and all of our equipment and technology is the industry’s best.
- We also have three redundant monitoring facilities spread throughout the country, meaning our backups have backups! These facilities are strategically located to avoid any closures or service interruptions from natural disasters or weather events.
- Do I need to have a permit to have a monitored alarm system?
- This varies by state and city! Check with your local city office to see if they require a permit. If you need any assistance completing it, please contact us at 866-692-5216.
- How do I cancel my monitoring service?
- We’re sorry to see you go! You can cancel your account by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and address on the account, as well as the effective date.
Please see troubleshooting advice and guides within the Help Center page.